- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 handfuls of chopped kale or spinach
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1-2 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a stockpot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and stir-fry the onion and garlic and until the onion is translucent, a couple minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, curry powder, and red pepper flakes and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, diced tomatoes, and shredded chicken. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes. Add the rice and simmer another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, stir in the kale/spinach.